How It Works
Applicants who do not meet the requirements will be contacted and directed toward other programs available to support your educational and career goals.
During the prerequisite course, you will:
- Explore the online learning environment to determine if you are comfortable with this instructor-supported, self-paced approach to learning. The prerequisite course must be completed with a 70% or higher and within two weeks or sooner.
- Assess whether the Career Online High School program best meets your educational needs, or if alternative options for high school completion are more appropriate.
- Determine if the career field is interesting/appealing.
- Demonstrate to the library your commitment to furthering your education through the successful completion of the full Career Online High School program.
Those who successfully complete the prerequisite course with a 70% or higher within two weeks or less will be eligible for a scholarship award. Prospective students will be contacted by the library within 5 business days to discuss their application into the program and to schedule an interview at the library. A determination will be made regarding scholarship award by the library’s enrollment team within 5 business days after the interview.
Please note: Upon scholarship award, you must request transcripts from any accredited high school you’ve attended in order for Career Online High School to determine whether you will receive credit for any previously completed coursework. Click here for a transcript request form.
Completing Coursework and Graduating from Career Online High School
- Virtual Welcome Kit shows you step-by-step how the program works.
- Welcome phone call kicks off a virtual tour of the online campus, which serves as a first-day-of-school orientation.
- Anytime access to courses
- Instant feedback on lessons and exams
- Tools to keep track of progress such as Gradebook and Pace Guide
- Online learning resources including eLibrary, calendar, and academic support services
- Pace guide helps you stay on track and move through the program by completing one course credit every two weeks
- Academic coach is there to support you via phone, email, and other social networking tools
- Qualified, certified instructors provide academic support
- Support staff helps you plan for their next career steps
- Technical support is available by phone or email
- Career-focused, skills-based elective courses
- Biweekly online seminars focused on 21st century skills
- Monthly career webinars to prepare you for workplace realities and job markets
- Career portfolio lessons that teach business writing and help you create resumes and cover letters
- Private high school diploma
- Career certificate
- Career portfolio
- Applicable job prepration training and skills