Food and Customer Service Skills
Overview of program:
The Food and Customer Service Skills Certificate Program prepares students for careers in food services, restaurants, and the hospitality industry. The program emphasizes customer service skills that can be applied in a wide variety of settings. This is an excellent option for those already working in a food services environment who want to apply for management positions, or for those interested in starting new careers.
The program also prepares students for the Prometric Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) exam.
- NEHA professional food management criteria
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) principles
- Providing an excellent customer experience
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Food safety
- Communication skills
- Working in teams
- Managing yourself and others
- How to be successful in the restaurant/hospitality world
- Food services workplace challenges and opportunities
- Food and Customer Service Skills I
- Food and Customer Service Skills II
- Food and Customer Service Skills III
- Food and Customer Service Skills IV
Please visit the Course Catalog page for Core Course listings.
What do students graduate with?
- High School Diploma from Career Online High School
- Food and Customer Service Skills Certificate