About Career Online High School
Career Online High School gives students the opportunity to earn an 18-credit AdvancED/SACS accredited high school diploma, a credentialed career certificate and a career portfolio including a resume and cover letter. Students receive extensive career development support and graduate with the tools they need to take the next step in their careers or post-secondary education.
Students must successfully complete a total of 18 credits in the following areas (may include a combination of credits earned through Career Online High School and transferred credits from other accredited institutions):
- English (4 credits)
- Social studies (4 credits)
- Math (3 credits)
- Science (3 credits)
- Career electives (4 credits)
Students can earn credit for courses already completed at other accredited schools. Once they complete the two-week prerequisite course and enroll in the full Career Online High School program, the registrar will analyze their transcripts and apply credits for any coursework they have previously completed that fulfills our credit transfer requirements.
- Students can transfer in up to 14 credits.
- Career courses (4 credits) must be completed with Career Online High School since they are required to earn the career certification.
Time Needed to Complete the Program
- Depending on how many credits the student transfers in, the program can be completed in as few as five months, but the average time to complete is 12 months.
- Students will be given up to 18 months to complete the program.
- The program is self-paced but students should plan on devoting 8 − 10 hours each week to classwork; each credit is designed to be completed over the course of a month.
- The program has a rolling admission policy, meaning there is no specific start date. The student can begin the enrollment process at any time.
- Our model offers extensive support with the flexibility of online class delivery. Students have access to their academic coach, certified instructors and 24/7 technical support.
- Students can attend regular live online seminars on career and academic topics.