This course will prepare students to employ the skills needed in both online coursework and the workplace. The course is presented in two semesters.
Semester 1 presents an overview of basic personal, professional, and self-management skills, including setting goals, professional communication skills, and time management and stress management techniques.
Semester 2 focuses on ways to improve study habits, to increase one’s memory and motivation, and to strengthen decision-making and problem-solving skills.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Office Management 1: Semester 1
- Understanding Self-Esteem
- Setting Goals
- Learning Styles
- Professional Uses of Technology
- Security in Technology
- 21st Century Written Business Communication
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Anger Management
- Conflict Resolution Strategies
- Communication and Diversity
- Communication in the Workplace
- Sexual Harassment Awareness
- Ethical Behavior
- Office Management 1: Semester 1 Test
Office Management 1: Semester 2
- Basics of Note-Taking
- Reading Comprehension
- Understanding and Improving Study Habits
- Memory Techniques
- Test-Tasking Skills
- Effective Environments for Learning
- Distractions and Deterrents to Educational Success
- What is Motivation?
- Trust and Motivation
- Change as a Motivator
- Embracing Change
- Critical Thinking Basics
- Problem Solving Model
- Decision Making
- Improving Decision Making
- Office Management 1: Semester 2 Test