Overview of the program:
The Retail Customer Service Certificate program prepares students with the skills and knowledge needed for successful careers in today’s retail world. This is an excellent option for those already working in a retail environment who want to advance in their careers, or for those interested in starting new retail jobs. The program emphasizes customer service skills that can be applied in a wide variety of retail settings.
Career Information and Outlook:
Professionals in retail work in clothing stores, auto sales, sporting goods stores, and other merchandise stores. Those in this field commonly perform tasks like greeting customers, answering customers’ questions, and accepting payment for merchandise. They are often the busiest during the holiday season toward the end of the year.
Employment of retail salespersons has a “bright outlook” over the next decade.*
Topics You Will Learn About Include:
- Working in retail sales
- Communicating with retail customers
- Providing an excellent customer experience
- Dealing with difficult people
- Time management
- Working in teams
- How to be successful on the job
- Workplace challenges and opportunities
What do students graduate with?
- High School Diploma from Career Online High School
- Retail Customer Service Certificate